Thursday, December 11, 2008

ten years ago today

Ten years ago this evening we celebrated our rehearsal dinner at the Peach Tree in Fredericksburg. What a memorable evening. Several people in attendance that night are no longer here with us, both of my maternal great-grandmothers were living at the time of my wedding and they sat on the front row as honored guests. Both of Ben's grandmothers were in attendance and Grandpa Harry.
I remember almost every detail of the evening, prime rib, asparagus (first time for me to try asparagus), carrots, my fave dessert still to this day - ice cream pie with praline sauce. My grandfather commenting the beer was bad, it was champagne. It snowed. Tom's tribute video, Ben commenting on that stupid girl - ME! The wonderful things everyone said about us. My friend Kim flew in from Tech and her parents rushed to San Antonio to get her and back in time. She gave Ben a Star Wars puzzle. Our closest friends - my maid of honor, Anna, Ben's childhood friend, Curtis, Kim, & her parents, Tom and Verna's closest friends - the Simpsons, Jeanette and the girls, Paul, Belinda and the boys, Shaun, Jacqueline and the girls, my grandparents, all of our brothers, parents, cousins, Nana, my great Aunt Nell, Ben's grandparents, Francy and Jacob, Sarah on the way.
Tom and Verna - I think I have told you before, but in case you forgot or in case I did not tell you - our rehearsal dinner was perfect. I think it was my fave part of the wedding.

1 comment:

Tom Richards, aka OldWeirdDad said...

Running a little behind on blog reading.

Thanks. Glad you have good memories of this event. I had fun making the video, but it took forever with the primitive tools I had to use.

Mike Simpson, Jodi and I played and sang the song "The Blessing" for you and Ben also. I chose it for you guys and think it is working for you so far.

I thought the beer was pretty good.