Friday, December 12, 2008

day #12

One of my favorite experiences of all times was delivering Meals on Wheels in Pflugerville. I cannot tell you the joy it brought me to bring meals to these individuals on a weekly basis. I LOVED it! I delivered anywhere from 5 to 15 meals once a week and it was the highlight of my week. This time of the year substitute drivers are especially needed.
Meals-on-Wheels brings a nutritious meal and daily contact to people who are too ill or frail to come to the Senior Nutrition Center. Lunches are delivered Monday through Friday by volunteers, and participants are provided shelf-stable meals when WBCO is closed for holidays or when threatening weather is anticipated. Volunteers drivers are always needed in the Round Rock area. To volunteer, call 255-4970

No comments: