Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Oprah's Big Mistake

I am shocked about something I just saw on youtube. I am sitting here in tears (thinking of how much power and effect she has on American public, especially women) b/c I heard it with my own ears and saw it with my own eyes and I am in complete shock. I enjoy watching Oprah in the afternoons, I have for several months. I LOVE her new show the Big Give and watch Dr. Oz every time he is on. For the past couple of weeks she has been promoting her new online class and book and I was avoiding the website and all info about it, b/c I just did not want to know. Today, I discovered what I feared most, her doctrinal belief system is SCREWED up. The video on youtube with clips from her class is a little confusing, but this clip from her show says it all... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwGLNbiw1gk&NR=1

Oprah has done many amazing things with her life, it is no doubt, but her belief system is out of whak and I just don't want Christians to be confused. YOU WILL NOT GET TO HEAVEN BY YOUR ACTIONS, it is not a work-based belief. It is faith-based, we cannot good-deed our way into heaven. We call on the name of Jesus Christ, confess we are sinners, and believe he died on the cross for our sins which makes us saved. "It is not because of who I am, it is because of what He did, it is not because of what I did, but because of who HE is." You can read II Corinthians on the false doctrines that were seeping into the church and teaching about the work-based faith.
P.S. if you got a clip from my mom this a.m. this is not the same clip in her e-mail, this is a clip from one of her shows.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Oprah is making things worse ... she has the power of televison and she is definitely not using it for good! She is confusing those christians out there who are struggling! I have never been into watching Oprah, didn't really care if someone did, but now, I don't think any christian should!

Anonymous said...

I think we Christians have perhaps sat on the side lines long enough..if you know the truth and believe the truth and do nothing to tell others the truth then I feel we are not doing our part to help save a lost and dying world... the WORD says that even the elect can be lead astray if they do not KNOW the truth.
I have watched Oprah grow to a Super Star and always liked her show and the Good she did, but the past several years she has been slowly swaying the masses in the WRONG direction. I WILL NO LONGER WATCH OR SUPPORT anything she sponsors. MIMI =^..^=