Saturday, July 14, 2012

machine gun preacher

Have you seen the Gerard Butler film, Machine Gun Preacher based on the true story of Sam Childers?  I have been wanting to see this movie for months and finally rented it this weekend at redbox.  It is not for the faint of heart.  It is not a feel good movie, it is a heavy movie, but I hope you will watch it.  And I hope it stirs something in you.  Our family was so privileged to host the Watoto Children a couple years back.  Some of them are orphaned children and even rescued child soldiers b/c of the Sudanese Civil Wars.  Sam is involved in trying to save children from this same war.
I ordered Ben the book this morning, so will let you know how that turns out too.

1 comment:

Shileen said...

Thanks for the suggestion. Great movie, I ordered the book as well. What an amazing man Sam is. We need more like him.