Monday, July 09, 2012

4th of July Fun

Last Monday, I met Mimi in "Dripping" so she could take the kids camping for the week.  On Tuesday afternoon, Ben told me he was missing the kids and could we go get them on the 4th (he had taken off Thursday and Friday, just in case).  I mean I was missing my kids too, but I don't know I was enjoying the calm before the storm.  We got up late Wednesday a.m. and drove to their campsite to surprise them.  Let's just say it doesn't take long for the parental units to be replaced.  They had new fishing gear, been swimming every day, ate tons of kid-approved food, stayed up late, slept late, played with cousins and could careless that we were there.  We let them stay till Thursday and Ben and I drove to my parents to spend the night.  R2 came with us so Mimi and PawPaw could have one night of "decent" sleep.
Thank you for wearing them out.  They slept till 10 a.m. on Friday and till 9 Saturday and Sunday.  Can we arrange to do this on a regular basis?

No comments: