Tuesday, July 17, 2012

and he shall be called...

Benjamin Harrison, named after Daddy.
Right before R2 was born, Ben and I talked about naming him Benjamin and part of my felt a huge tug to name him Benjamin, even though we had Read picked out for 6+ years.  When we found out we were pregnant with baby #4, I felt we should name him Benjamin again, but Ben wasn't so sure.  The names on our lists have been set, I want Graham, Ben wants Judson, Bella wants Jack and LE was indifferent.  We all (except Bella) liked Harrison, but was concerned it was too long of a name and it would be shortened to Harry.  Over Father's Day weekend, Ben told me he felt his name should be Benjamin Harrison and he would go by Harrison.  We have been calling him Harrison to make sure it fits and so far it has.
Benjamin - son of my right hand
Harrison - son of Harris (home ruler)

5 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

You know my boy names were Benjamin Noble or Harrison? I won't have a boy, but it just shows how much we think alike! I love it!

Erica Wagner said...

I love it and I will only call him Harry to make you mad. OXOX!

Mike and Amber Murphy said...

Love the name! Harrison is also another family name on Maxie's side. I think his Mother's maiden name but I'm not positive. I'll look it up for you though. YAY A new cousin!!!!

Mrs. Luttrell said...

BEAUTIFUL NAME! I love it and the meanings! Great choice guys!

Shileen said...

I still can't believe you're going to have 4 kids!!!