Saturday, September 10, 2011

Owl and The Pussycat

This school year, I am trying to reinforce the literature we read with projects.  I want to tie cooking, crafts, science and even math to the book ideas.  I found this cute owl pattern on pinterest and knew right away I wanted to tie it into the Owl and the Pussycat by Edward Lear and Jan Brett.  The girls love pb and honey sandwiches, so it was no stretch to get them to eat their art, but hoping to try other foods if they are more presentable.
Jan Brett is one of my favorite authors and illustrators for children's literature.  She has the most beautiful art work.  Some of my faves include The Hat, The Mitten, Armadillo Rodeo, Gingerbread Baby and The Night Before Christmas.  If you are looking for a library book or great gift for pre-k to 1st grader student or teacher you cannot go wrong with something by Jan Brett.

1 comment:

MikeandCharlsie said...

I love Jan Brett as well!!! I think my favorite thing about her books is how the illustrations on the side bar area give a glimpse into the future of the story...I esp. love it when the kids figure this out!