Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jellyfish Can't Swim

We have several devotional books that I read out of for the girl's character development (1/3 of the home school education requirement for the state of TX).  One of my favorites is Jellyfish Can't Swim.  It is full of tidbits on animals and how we can learn from them.  The jellyfish just goes with the flow being carried about to and fro.  Eventually he ends up on the beach, dries up and dies.  We don't want to go with the flow just b/c it is what everyone around us is doing. 

On a side note, I am totally addicted to pinterest (where I got the pattern for jellyfish).  Today is grocery shopping day, and I WANT to go.  We have cooked meals everyday this month without duplicate and we have had the best meals i.e. not just entrees. 
Bad side - I want to make desserts.    I made these.  Mine did not turn out pretty, but OMGosh YUM!  I used dark chocolate and Smart Balance Peanut Butter.  You have to get the pretzels really small or they look like bird nests dipped in tar.

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

Love all of your ideas.

When can my kids start school with your kids?