Monday, September 19, 2011

MiSSionS MonDaY

One hundred years from now
It won't matter
What kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
How much money I had in the bank,
Nor what my clothes looked like,
BUT
The world may be a little better
Because, I was important
In the life of a child.
As a teacher, I tried to live by these words and hoped that it was more than one child's life that I was impacting that day.  Today, as a look at my kids I hope that I am instilling this attitude in them every day to serve and respect others. 
Children's Cup is having their annual back-to-school project and unfortunately I have waited till the 11th hour to encourage you to help send a child back to school in Africa (backpacks are due in Louisiana Sept 30th). 
Public school is not free in Swaziland and Mozambique.  Children's Cup is hoping to send 150 of their kids back to school this January.  They are 50 shy of their goal.  For $150 YOU CAN SEND A STUDENT TO SCHOOL FOR ONE YEAR!  Maybe $150 is too much for you, but if it isn't, you have the opportunity to be important in the life of a child this year.

1 comment:

mary.mimi said...

Thank you for the reminder.. :)
Sending 1 child means 1 less child without.