Tuesday, September 06, 2011

30-something birthday weekend

I love that my birthday almost always falls on Labor Day weekend.  My mom always celebrates her birth week, I think it is perfectly fitting that I get a weekend.  Ben took off Friday and we dropped the girls off at my friend Z's house for the morning. 
He gave me two choices for my birthday - mani, pedi and massage or shopping.  I presented option #3 of mountain biking and Torchy's Tacos.  He said heck ya, and concluded he was the luckiest guy in the world. 
I had a much harder ride than the last time we went out, Walnut Creek is a bigger area and much more advanced than I remembered.  I got a little bruised up, but managed for a good hour. 
On Saturday morning, I taught my aqua class and one of my class members greeted me with a balloon and KIND bars.  On Saturday, we spent the day at the pool and had Cheesecake Factory take-out and put the kids to bed early.  We watched a not so great movie starring some of my fave actors and my Reese.  On Sunday, we attended 2 churches and spent the afternoon playing games and napping.   I got a new, much shorter haircut and highlights. I bought me a new bottle of nail polish and got 2 massages from the hottest masseuse on the planet.  And as soon as I drop 3 more pounds I am rewarding myself with a pair of skinny jeans, so I got it all this weekend.

No comments: