Tuesday, May 10, 2011

prayer request

I have a friend in need of prayer.  Mr. H will be 90 yrs old in August and his family is planning a huge party for him to celebrate.  Mr H. found out a month ago he has cancer.  Yesterday, he went for a follow up visit to discover the cancer levels have increased.  Today, I taught Mr. H and my typical morning banter and high-spirited man was not there, physically he was, but mentally he has given in.  He has been told he will not make it till his 90th birthday, not necessarily by his doctor, but by the actions of those around him.  Please remember my friend, Mr. H, he told me he is uncomfortable, but mostly he just wants to see his 90th birthday.  Can I just say cancer sucks.

Father, please clean F's blood.  You said on Earth as it is in Heaven, and I KNOW there is no sickness in Heaven.  Please touch his body and restore his soul.  Thank you for this amazing man and the wonderful 90 years you have given him.  Please Father, allow him these few months to celebrate with all those who have been touched by his life.  I claim it and I pray that he will be unable to hear the negative words that people may speak around him.  Thank you Father for allowing him to touch my life. 

2 comments:

lindsay said...

aww, this breaks my heart. i'll be praying for him, as well. my grandma made it several months longer than expected. i believe in him.

Erica Wagner said...

Will be praying too. He's such a shining light at the gym. And so full of smiles. I pray he will indeed NOT hear negative words spoken around him.