Monday, May 30, 2011

bit off more than I could chew

I was feeling it this week, so I thought I would venture out with all 3 kiddos to the sprinkler park for our first summer outing. The girls went with me to the gym and then we headed over to the park.

I have finally got into the swing of things by loading the car the night before. One set-back; we have not gotten our 2011 swimsuits yet, we are wearing one piece hand-me-downs which meant the girls could not be swim ready at the gym (potty reasoning). I also packed our lunches the night before, threw them into the insulated cooler and put in the spare fridge, once again experienced Mommy that I am kicking in here.
I taught cardio fit, which meant I worked up a pretty decent sweat, its ok, we are going to a water park, not a pageant right.
We get to the park and things are rocking. The girls are eating, R2 is checking out the scenery, yummy, healthy lunches and I realize the girls need to change. Panic starts to creep in, but I got this, wrap a towel around them and have them slip bathing suits on under dresses (think public water park bathrooms used by 250+ dripping wet preschoolers the Friday before Memorial Day). I am not about take R2 in the bathrooms and put him down even in his carseat while I assist one-piece bathing suit changes.
Girls are now dressed and lathered in sunblock. Good to go, Bella takes off and is having a blast. LE lasts oh 30 seconds and comes back saying she is getting splashed, yes dear it is a water park. "I really don't want to play." At 5 1/2 years she has out-grown the water park, fighting back tears, me not her. She played with R2 and I let her take pics with my camera and then thankfully she decided she wanted to get wet. After about an hour, my 50 ounces of water from cardio class and post-workout are now kicking in, but once again the thought of public park potties, 6 month old, and I will just hold it. After about hour and half, I bribe girls into slushes b/c they were having a blast, b/c panic is really beginning to set in as R2 is done sitting up, laying down, taking in the sights, and is ready to go, Mommy is ready to go (in more ways than 1), and now I gotta get all of this stuff back in the car, with 2 wet girls and crying 6 month old.  So, don't be looking for more sprinkler park pics this summer without Daddy in them.

2 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Or, you just need to invite another family to go with you! :) Tag-team!

mary.mimi said...

Now I understand the hesitation at waterpark suggestion on Sunday..You had not recovered from the last FUNday!!!