Friday, May 27, 2011

My side of the world

This post is for me, you really do not have to read, but since this is my journal I am writing for prosperity sake.
I am knee deep in curriculum, homeschool literature and research.   I am 117 pages (out of 764) into The Well Trained Mind by Susan Wise Brown.  They are known in the homeschool world for their expertise in classical education.  It is so funny I read this book before LE was born and had no interest in teaching a classical education, but after teaching them for a year I thought I would revisit it. 
They LOVE to read.  LE is reading up a storm, she opened her first chapter book this week and was finished with it in a day.  Bella is now reading cvc words like cat, dog; it is the whole anything you can do I can do better syndrome with her. 
We also joined a homeschool co-op for Charlotte Mason education.  Last week, was our first outting and we learned about the history of games.  The girls brought chalk for hopscotch, but we also learned to play the pioneer game of Game of Graces, they could sew a checkerboard, play mancala and there was a chess match.  I am not sure it was an exact fit for us, but we are going to try again next week.  The theme is natural dyes, any ideas of what to do are welcome here.
I am wrapping up physical therapy.  It has been an interesting experience.  I have had so many friends or workout buddies tell me of injuries similar to mine and I am so glad I have a therapist who is trying to kick me out of his office.  He has been teaching me and encouraging me to do strength training & stretches on my own.  One stretch I am supposed to do every hour.  Yeah, that has yet to happen.  I am on the verge of having a slipped disc, so I am trying to be obedient.
I wore a size 6 jeans today, was a total shock, so guess I am using inches, just not coming off the scales. 
My class at 24 rocks. I have consistently had 30+ people in class for 2 weeks now.  An average aqua class is around 12.  The club manager is looking to add more classes.   
That is what has been going on in our neck of the woods, what are you up to?

No comments: