Sunday, October 19, 2008

such a cutie

I had a special perk this a.m. at church. When I arrived to serve Pastor Lori I found out I would be sitting by College Football Player of the Week, Jordan Shipley. Oh my goodness he is a cutie and my new fave player. Babe, I need to replace Jamaal's jersey, please. Last week, Pastor Joe spoke at team practice for my horns and Jordan gave his testimony - what a neat one too! At first he was so quiet and seemed like he was out of place, felt for him sitting on the front row. Then, after 1st service we had a special reception for him and he opened up, they say food's the way to a guy's heart. So, anyways, I was honored to get to hang out with him and then during 2nd service he really opened up. I have the DVD if anyone wants to see it or you can go to the church's link and view it. He did not come to talk about football. It was about people and when he laid football down and realized the Lord was his top priority and started to seek the kingdom of God 1st, all these things were added unto him- player of the week, #1 in the nation; the Lord gave him a platform. I was so excited to see a young man who has such a talent that was sincerely giving the Lord glory! Hook 'Em!

4 comments:

Marissa said...

It is so neat meeting these guys in person. I was sad to miss out this year, but loved it last year. So many of these guys are so humble and it is awesome hearing their stories (which I hear a lot of of...I think Ryan knows the background story of almost every guy on the team!) I hope we can make it when Colt comes; he is another man of God on the UT team! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

"Then, after 1st service we had a special reception for him and he opened up, they say food's the way to a guy's stomach"

Hahaha, did you mean to type that? I personally think food is the way to a guy's heart, but that's just me.

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I love hearing stories like this ... athletes talking so strongly about their faith!! I bet it was a great service!!

Carri said...

i love hearing stories like this. what a great role model. we need more of them!