Wednesday, October 15, 2008

just wondering?

I have two chores that I would pay someone to do if given the opportunity - washing clothes and grocery shopping. It is not that either one is altogether bad, it is that they are not over the minute they are over. I have to sort the laundry back out, fold the laundry, iron the laundry & hang the laundry for 4 people (how does Heather do it - 11 kids)?. HEB - when you are finished pushing the monstrosity of a shopping cart shaped like a race car around the acre-large store with 2 children buckled in side-by-side "touching" each other for an hour, I then have to load the car, unload the car, unpack the green bags, put the groceries away all while two young hungry children who know everything I just purchased is begging for juice, crackers, goldfish, turkey sandwiches, cereal, etc. So, just wondering if you could eliminate one/ two chores from your schedule, what would it be?

7 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

I would eliminate grocery shopping and blowdrying my hair. Laundry is pretty high up there as well!

annie's mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annie's mom said...

OK I would hire a babysitter for 3 hours so I could grocery shop ALL BY MYSELF....oh, to be able to leisurely drive a real cart down the aisles, ponder the pears, caress the corn, AND taste ALL the samples BY MY SELF.

Erica Wagner said...

Mopping

Anonymous said...

I too would agree with GET a sitter..LOL..that would be ME ;o)
I am not sure of a single CHORE i relish that is why they are called CHORES... If it didn't involve a bigger chore get the girls to "help"
Training excells teaching!!
I ABHORE!!!!!!!!!!! dishwashing..since it is STILL done manually in my home and all my "dishwashers" have moved on to their own dishes with auto-dishwashers...zup wid dat...MIMI

MikeandCharlsie said...

I am so there with you on grocery shopping! I have banned the car shaped carts, I hate pushing them they are awful! Also I have gotten to where I just shop once every two weeks because I dislike it so much. It took me about a month to get into the groove for this but now I love it. I do go to a produce market on the off week because we run out of fruits and veggies though.
I think that cleaning the bath tub would be the other thing I would love someone else to do!
Great post by the way!

Pam said...

I LOVE grocery shopping! Someday THAT will be my job! I will shop for others! I love HEB (without hubby and kids)
I would rather not do laundry, except for when my kiddos were babies I loved washing their cute little clothes! Now that they are bigger, not so much fun!