Thursday, October 09, 2008

International Knife Throwers Hall of Fame




My Dad is an avid history buff when it comes to anything about the Mountain Men era predating 1840. He has been competing across the country for 9 years in Mountain Men Rendevous Reenactments. He is exceptionally talented in the knife and tomahawk throws. This past year he won the TX Championship (out of 79 throwers) and this past weekend he competed in the World's Knife Throwing Competition which is also affiliated with the Knife Throwers Hall of Fame. As part of the throw he got to compete in the Alamo in San Antonio this year. He won the Mountain Man style throw, which consists of wearing that era's clothes and using a certain style of knife. He has been inducted into the Hall of Fame three years, for three different honors (or divisions). I was invited to attend this past weekend and unfortunately I did not pack the right flash for this dark room. They had a demonstrator who was throwing knives at a woman (you cannot even tell what they are doing in photo). My dad competed in this style throw also, but they used a Star Wars cut out of Princess Leia. It was a huge honor for my dad and I am glad I got to be a part of it. Congratulations, Dad "Moses"

No comments: