Wednesday, July 09, 2008

my new read

My friend, Stafani, gave me an awesome book for the last day of school. I took it with us to San Fran and I could not put it down. I read it almost cover to cover in 2 sittings. This book has so completely changed my philosophy on staying home during the day with the girls. We have always tried to limit the hours of TV at our house, so much they we no longer have cable, but now what to do with all of that free time? This book is full of ideas to spend your day actively creating and making memories together. I LOVE this book! I found the author's blog and her blog is great too (if you enjoy blue yonder). Today, the girls and I decided to paint. No, it is probably not the kind of painting she would encourage, but it is what we had on hand and the girls enjoyed their time together (pics to be posted later, camera in sleeping girl's room). My goal is to implement one idea a week. There are so many things to do, and many things that are above the girl's capacity now, but so many things I cannot wait to try.

No comments: