Saturday, July 05, 2008

day 5
















Day 5 started off the same as all of our mornings in San Fran - bagels and cream cheese, red apple, oj for me, coffee for Ben. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 2, so we went back to the room to pack. There was one last thing that I absolutly wanted to see. I missed it last time I came to San Fran and I was not sure when we would be back - Lombard Street, "the world's crookedest street". So, once again bus ride and then trek uphill to the actual street. We had to walk uphills three blocks to get to Lombard Street, up what is probably the steepest hill I have ever seen in a city. The cars had to park 90 degrees to the curb for fear they would roll down the hill, it was crazy. I could not take a pic that justified the intense climb of this hill except to take a pic of Ben standing up right in it. Just take my word- it was steep! Lombard Street was gorgeous, I cannot believe how landscaped a metro area could be. It was beautiful, I just we could have driven it, instead of walking it. Then, off to the airport to come home and see my baby girls! We had a delay in San Diego and Southwest was gracious enough to wait for us (and 20 others), was so thankful b/c I would have had to wait another day to get home to get my girls!

No comments: