Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ben and I are going to a wedding this weekend and I purchased the couple a set of plates off their registry. Ben and I love our Fiestaware, that yes, we registered and received 12 settings of, (we each had 6 people in our families was my reasoning). This week, I had to replace my vacuum that was a wedding gift and the only appliances that still works or is used is the can opener (but is in storage b/c it is a mounted one - rental house) and my hand-held mixer. Other than that I have replaced 4 toasters, 3 coffee makers, most of our glasses, & a DVD player. I still have a lot of my cooking ware, but not much of a casserole eater anymore, so they don't get used very often. We still have & use (and are in pretty good shape) all of our JC Penny's collection of pale yellow towels. All new shower curtains & accessories.
So, curious what do you still have and use that you received as a wedding gift. And for the newlyweds out there what did you receive that is still in the box OR has already broken and been replaced?? Just wondering...

4 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

I still have and use everything. Sheets, towels, appliances (i.e. blender, mixer, toaster), knife set, flatware, original pots and pans (although a friend did give - yes, give! - me a TON of Le Creuset pots and pans, so I use those now), pretty much everything we got for our wedding we use or still have. I don't use any of the crystal stuff (unless we are going to a party, etc.) and I have decorative items that I don't use because my tastes have changed. We got a lot of Christmas decorations since we were married in December and I still have that stuff. I also have all of the pcs. of my dinnerware, but I don't use it. It's kept as my "nicer" stuff I break out for company. We got a complete set of china handed down from Randy's grandma that we do not use, but it's all there too... plus, the silver she handed down too.

In other words... I HAVE IT ALL.

But... we've had to replace our vacuum three times. I must be hard on vacuums.

Aimee J said...

Lets see....Haven't used any of it for 8 months now, but that's what happens when you have your stuff in storage. Have NEVER used the ice cream maker, fry-daddy, food processor, lazy susan (for the table, not for cakes). You would think that since I was a chef when we married I would use this stuff a lot, but nope-I prefer to hand chop my veggies, and we don't fry food very often. Still use the towels & shower curtain (but I will be replacing when we get our own place again). Most of our nice crystal, china, and decorative stuff is still in boxes for when we buy a house that has REAL storage space.

Mrs. T said...

We celebrated our 17th anniversary in June so the only wedding gift we still have is a personalized wedding frame. Oh, wait, we do have all of our Noritake china, stemware and flatware. Somehow having to handwash all that precludes me from wanting to use it!

Aimee J said...

and by the way, I believe that my guest bathroom shower curtain was one handed down from you from your wedding.