Monday, July 07, 2008

4th of July weekend
























































































We had a great 4th of July weekend. Ben had off on Friday, which I just assumed everyone in America did, until I talked to 2 friends who did not! I was so thankful he got to spend the day with us. We went to downtown RR for the 4th of July parade and met our friends, Natalie and her kiddos, David and Blythe. The girls discovered all kinds of new candy, up until this weekend they had only known of jelly beans and they were so excited that people were just throwing it at them! LE saw one of her fave adults in the parade, Miss April. She used to be our neighbor. The parade was incredibly hot, so we had to go home shower and nap so we could go to our friends, the Chavez's that evening. LE was so excited b/c Annelise and A.J. (the Tangumas also joined us for the festivities) are two of her fave friends. Andrew grilled burgers, hot dogs and sausage and I "made" an apple pie (thanks to HEB). I was so bummed b/c I forgot to charge my camera batteries after our trip so these are the only pics I took of the night. Then, on Saturday we went to another BBQ at our friends, the Richards, Bizarro Ben and Julie. There were lots of older kids and the girls were a little more apprehensive about playing, but we had great food and fellowship, just no pics! Thanks everyone for the freedom from cooking this Independence Day!!

2 comments:

The Gumpls said...

great pics!! I enjoyed hanging out with you guys!

Erica Wagner said...

Looks like y'all had a blast!

And, Kristi, you are looking great in that sleeveless tank! All that hard work is paying off!