Tuesday, June 26, 2012

new ride part 2

I finally gave in and we got a mini van.  I kept holding out for gas prices to drop (yeah, right) or God would put it on some philanthropist's heart to gift us a SUV, but neither happened and we are down to the final weeks before a bigger car was a necessity.  We sold my civic from college on craigslist and we have been saving since Disney World, so we were able to put a large chunk down on a used Honda Odyssey.  I will admit it is very nice and it drives just like my accord.  The girls are happy in their own spaces (which they can buckle/unbuckle on their own) in the back row, R2 sits high enough that he can see out the window and I like that the doors open with a push of a button.  I still have issues with being a "mini-van Mom", but it is super convenient so I am working on my attitude.

2 comments:

Mrs. Luttrell said...

You know, I have resisted the mini van because that's all our family of 6 drove growing up (my parents still drive a mini van, but you know what? They can fit a lot of people and the gas mileage is so much better than an suv... GOOD FOR YOU! Enjoy it! Just pretend that you are driving a hummer in your mind :) lol

Erica Wagner said...

GET OVER IT and embrace it! I've been a mini-van mom for almost 6 years and I've never regretted having a mini-van for a second.

Besides... you've got four kids... what did you think you'd be driving?

Hah! Love ya girl!