Monday, June 04, 2012

family reunion '12

The kids and I traveled to Fredericksburg for my great-grandfather's family reunion.  We left early Saturday morning and all three of the kids slept a good portion of the way.  Ben got a free pass to stay home for the weekend to work on his movie project.  I knew with Mimi, PawPaw and Granny tag-teaming I would have the help I needed.  PawPaw BBQ'ed and everyone brought sides and desserts.  I brought along a pinterest find of Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.  I had never made them before and they were melty by the time we finally ate, but still yummy.
After lunch, we had our auction and LE's potholder sold for $20.  She was so excited.  I was most excited that Mimi bought it so we can still see it.  Bella decided she wanted to give her potholder to PawPaw for his birthday (7th).
R2 and I went to Mimi's trailer for a nap and hung out for the remainder of the evening and then him and I went to sleep at Mimi's house.  The girls stayed with Mimi and PawPaw in the travel trailer for a real campout.

No comments: