Thursday, June 21, 2012

field trip - Blue Bell Ice Creamery

On Friday, Mimi joined the kids and I on a RFF field trip to Brenham to learn about how our favorite treat was made.  It was a 45 minute tour which concluded with free ice cream in the parlor.  LE's choice - homemade vanilla, Bella's choice - strawberry, R2/Mommy's choice - red velvet cake, Mimi's choice - Blackberry Cobbler, and Mommy's choice - Key Lime Pie.  I picked the best and it was something I would have never purchased, so I am glad  I tried it.
I went to school in Brenham and never did the Blue Bell tour.  I didn't even know where the factory was.  After lunch, we drove around the Blinn campus.  It has changed so much, but still holding on to its conservative roots.
It was our maiden voyage in our new car too.  What a difference that made!
Be prepared b/c you cannot take in your camera for employee's privacy, the pics of the kids in the ice cream parlor were taken with my phone.

No comments: