Tuesday, July 19, 2011

do you zumba?

NEVER SAY NEVER!  Last year, I stood in the back of a packed gymnasium and watched 76 women shake their bonbons to Latin and HipHop music and told my boss at the Y and uberfit combat instructor friend - you will never see me doing that in public.  Back in May, my boss at 24 hour e-mailed several of us and asked if we would be interested in teaching a song at the Mother's Day Zumbathon.  I giggled, no really laughed till I wet myself at her request.
Fast forward to one day last month in my fitness magazine I read an article about aqua zumba.  Then, two days later several of my regular Saturday members asked me about the new craze.  I e-mailed my boss that afternoon and asked her what she knew about it and what she thought about it.  Within minutes she e-mailed me and said please, do it, go for it.  After praying about it and talking to Ben, I registered for my training class.  At this point, I had taken the class once, yeah, like attended it.  So, this weekend I am traveling to Dallas for zumba training and next weekend to Laredo for aqua zumba.  And, then in the next couple of weeks I will be getting zumbatomic - zumba for kids.   Both of my bosses (Y and 24) have told me there are classes waiting for me when I am done.  I am so excited about the new knowledge, I love to learn.  But, I am more excited about the favor God has given to me in this job.  I am not the most athletic person or have the fit, hot body type.  So, I often get uncomfortable in my role.  But, God has given me this desire to teach others and encourage others to get active.  And He fulfilled the desires of my heart.  Also, I am so thankful to my friend, Erica who encouraged me to join the gym 3 years ago, thank you friend.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Whoohoo! I love zumba! Can't wait to see/hear all you learn!