Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cheesecake Factory Endive Salad

The Cheesecake Factory has my favorite salad, but at $6 for a "small salad", which Ben and I do not like to share I had been on the look out for the recipe.  CCF sells salad dressing, but at $8 and they have to be used in 48 hours, it was just not feasible.  In my salad searches over the past few weeks, by accident I discovered olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixed was the secret CCF salad dressing. 




My Endive and Bleu Cheese Salad Version:
Belgian endive (had to purchaed at Sprouts - cut this like you would celery and toss the hard center stalks - very bitter if you don't)
Ruby Reds (CCF uses radicchio, but also hard to find)
Arugula
Gorgonzola (or bleu cheese)
Candied Pecans
1 T. olive oil
1 T. Balsamic Vinegar

Mix 1/2 cups pecans, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 T. water - stir and heat on low heat.  Remove when mixed together and allow to chill  (this made enough for a week's worth of salad).
Mix 3 cups (handful = cup) greens together and coat with olive oil.  Then, toss with vinegar.
Garnish greens with cheese and pecans.  Serve immediately.

No comments: