Friday, July 15, 2011

Dinosaur George

Oh my goodness, if this guy comes to your town, make the trip to take your kiddos.  The girls giggled so hard and learned so much.  We no longer want to be rockstars, but now (this week anyways) a paleontologist (LE) and dinosaur girl (Bella).  I was even entertained and learned something, a lot of somethings. 
So, after the day at the library we ditched all of the science lesson plans for now and are focusing on dinosaurs.  Ha, I can, I homeschool! 
Really, this is one of the big reasons we homeschool.  The girls have read every book they can get their hands on about dinosaurs and are asking for more.  Dinosaur Train is exciting again. , We are planning some field trips to Glenrose and the Witte Museum.  I love that they can fuel their passions.  If we spend 9 weeks on it, it will be ok b/c they will come away with true wisdom on the subject and I will be learning right along with them.  I love my job. 
After reading a book, LE told me "she knew what happened to the dinosaurs, the T-Rex had eaten all of them", but then asked, "but what happened to the T-Rex?"  We have alot more to learn.
Top pic - a plank from a stegosaurus, pic with girl paleontologist is a jaw from a T-Rex. 

No comments: