Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dallas weekend

I was so excited when I found out my zumba training was in McKinney b/c it meant the possibility of seeing one of my dearest, oldest (as in I have known her longer than most) friends. Kim was one of my students when I taught high school in Kerrville. I traveled with her when she tried out for the Tech Color Guard, she was one of my bridesmaids and I was one of hers. I hardly ever see her anymore now that she is a business professional and I am a professional Mom, but even after years apart we were able to pick right back where we started like a day hadn't passed.
We got there pretty late Thursday night, but her husband made a wing stop run and we sat up late watching 127 Hours. After my class Friday, she told us of a Latin restaurant where we could celebrate. On Saturday morning, we had to pack up and head home to relieve Mimi, but I am so grateful for the time we did get to spend together. Thank you for the warm bed and much needed shower.

No comments: