Friday, April 01, 2011

lightbulb moments

There has been all kinds of lightbulbs going off around the house this month.  The changes that have occurred this past month in our household have been those monumental moments; you know the ones you should be logging in baby books.  I am not that Mom, so I just post on my blog.
Here's the breakdown -
On a visit to the library, Landry picked a book off the shelf, sat down and started reading.  I mean really reading.  My heart skipped a beat, it was so exciting.  She has started making her own breakfast and can open the fridge and pour herself a glass of water now.
Bella made a huge discovery about letters.  She has been writing her own fairy tales.  She walks around saying things like, what makes the "sh" sound.  She is inventive spelling, but she is discovering and I am so proud of her accomplishments.
Read is learning every day.  He now grasps for toys.  He grabs his bottle, and can even hold it, especially at night when there are no other distractions.  He laughs more often.  He has joined us at the kitchen table sitting in his high chair (waiting for the go-ahead to start rice b/c this Mama needs some sleep). 
I even had a lightbulb moment while homeschooling.  We are praying about changing curriculum for the fall.  At the beginning of the year, LE thrived on worksheets, but since Christmas the worksheets have become busy work. We are researching one curriculum more in depth and I am pretty sure it is the way we are going to go, but it is a huge investment and we want to be sure before going that route.

No comments: