Monday, August 30, 2010

Missions Monday - Lowthorps

I do not think you have to go abroad to be on the mission field. I think it is actually harder to minister to people in our own back yard than across the world.  I know I have done both. 
Our really good friends, the Lowthorps have become missionaries in the town of Georgetown.  They gave up their two-story house to move into a local apartment community to become a CARES team.  They are the hands and feet to the apartment community.  Any time a new person moves into the community, they welcome them.  Each month, they host various fellowships, outreaches and various events to create a community within the apartment complex.  This past month, Pam collected clothes so the children could have a back-to-school clothes swap.  They host monthly events for the single moms including free babysitting.  I think it would be an amzing opportunity for a young married couple, although they do it with their two children.  I love to see what they are doing each month and get updates b/c we are on their prayer team.  I am so blessed to call you friends!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Thanks so much friend love you so much!!!