Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ears pierced

As a child, I did not get my ears pierced until I learned to read, that was my "reward". In all honesty, I just wanted the girls to decide when they were old enough if they wanted their ears pierced. It is super cute on babies I know, but there was never any doubt my girls were girls as babies, so that was not a reason. I remember it being a big deal when I was big enough to go with my mom to the jeweler and pick out my earrings, I wanted the girls to have that same experience. A few months back, when LE was beginning to learn to read, she brought it up and asked if she could have her ears pierced. Granny found out and asked if she could take her to have them done. Last weekend, we were in Kerrville and Gran met us at the mall and told LE her birthday surprise. LE was ecstatic, that is until she got ready to have them done. Needless to say, it was not the experience I dreamed about sharing with my girls, but we got one ear pierced. We actually had to leave the store b/c of the tears and go back later with Daddy. Daddy makes everything better and we now have to ears pierced. When LE saw the pics of her crying, she asked me to not show anyone. So here are her before and after shots. Let's just say, I am pretty sure Bella will wait until she is a teen before she has her's done. Guess, I see why mommies take their infants in for the process so early.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mrs. Jenk said...

sweet girl- happy ears now. I'm sorry it was so traumatic for her.

Erica Wagner said...

What you do is only go to a place where they piece both ears at the same time!

That's how they did it for Elisan. They had two employees, two guns at each ear and whammo - it was done in one fail swoop!

Had I known you were going, I would have offered this advice. It's my tried and true advice for all prospective ear piercing mamas!

lindsay said...

awww, i love how she didn't want you to show the pictures of her crying! she's too cute! sorry we missed all the birthday festivities! uncle troy and i will have to make a trip to round rock and do something special wtith her to make it up!