Thursday, June 10, 2010

true hero

This past weekend when I was in Kerrville I was in the right place at the right time twice.  I was able to be apart of the greeting party for Jacob Leicht as he was being driven into Kerrville for his burial.  Then, Saturday morning as I was driving to take pics at a wedding I was the 2nd car stopped for the motorcade as it was approaching after the funeral.  There was over a hundred motorcycles in the honor guard for him and I stood on the side of the road for 35 minutes as the line of cars followed his hearse.  The streets were lined with hundreds of people flying flags.  I was moved to tears more than once.

2 comments:

JJthe1st said...

Jacobs wife was just at my house. What a sweety. She was so graceful under all of the grief that I know she must be feeling. We need to remember those close to him and pray for peace. Blessings.

Jane said...

Just reading your post gives me chills and brings tear to my eyes. As much as "bikers" get a bad rap for bing gruff and tattooed, the honor guard does an awesome job of honoring the heros. I have a new respect for bikers. Sure there are still some rough ones, but then there are some great teddy bears too. Especially the ones that do the rides for toys for tots and children's miracle network. Sorry just in a really sappy mood this morning. Thanks for sharing.