Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Sweet Berry Farms - blackberries

After LE's bout with the fever, Papa Richards had one too.  I called Mom and asked if there was any way she would meet me in Marble Falls so I could get out of the house.  The girls were going stir-crazy and Ben was trying to sleep it off.  We decided to give the blackberries at Sweet Berry Farms a try, we had such a blast picking strawberries, why not.  Well, it was because of these rose-style thorns on blackberry bushes, that it will be the only try it gets.  I still have scratches up and down my arm and a microscopic thorn embedded in my left thumb.  The girls were quite good at locating the berries, but they picked maybe 3 berries each.  We gathered enough berries for Mimi to make 3 jars of blackberry jam, but next time we will just make a run to the local fruit stand. 

1 comment:

mary.mimi said...

Yep...great pix too..so that was the reward for the work. Jam&pix and lesson learned. :)