Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I did what?!?!?

Today, I began training for a triathalon.
Yes, I hear it in my head as you are saying to yourself- I don't know how to swim and I do not own a bike.
Right now, Laura is teaching us to run - building our leg muscles for endurance running. I am taking a class with Colin's mom, Melanie at the church with a professional athlete (and we are the only 2 brave souls in the class!). I drug my butt out of bed at 7:30, tiptoed through the house to not wake my sleeping family and was the first to arrive. It took the first step to get there and it was one of the best workouts I have had in awhile. Starting in October she is going to teach me how to swim (I can swim to save myself, but not to get somewhere).
So, if I can do it, you can too. What is your next step? What are you putting off till tomorrow that you really want to do today (yesterday)?

2 comments:

Cari said...

That is so cool. Really. I'm not training for that, but I am training, so I do feel good about myself right now. Congrats! You can do this!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Way to go! Someday, I will do a 5k ... and maybe someday after that, I can convince my hubby to do one with me!