Monday, June 22, 2009

powell reunion 09






Every year the girls and I attend my great-grandmother's family reunion in the Hill Country. This year it was held in the one-stoplight town of Center Point. Yes, the little town upgraded its flashing light to a genuine redlight this past month, it's growing.
Every year one of the cousins BBQ a brisket, sausage and chicken (yes, BBQ is a verb in my family). My granny always brings the potato salad, my mom makes 5 or 6 different sides, usually something she has learned from "Paula." There are more desserts than "growing food" to choose from, and always way too many leftovers. Then, we have an auction of everything from Aunt Nell's peanut brittle to Hook 'Em wall plaques to Hurricane Survival Kits to raise money for next year's meat and location. The girls and cousin Zane were the Vanna's this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think those "Vanna's" were the reason for such high prices at auction...LOL..Memories!!!can't live with them, shouldn't live without them...
Mimi43grlz+

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

What a fun time!!