Thursday, June 04, 2009

2 week fast

Ben and I started the South Beach Diet again this week.  Although I like to not think of it as a diet, but that we are trying to make permanent changes to our lifestyles.  I have been taking body combat at the gym which I LOVE, yes, I said love and I do mean it -it has been a while since I have had positive thoughts about my gym or workout regiment.  Ben has 3 weeks of school and then he will join me again.  
We tried the South Beach plan before and could not stick it out for lack of food ideas.  There were only so many ways to cook fish and chicken, but now b/c of the blogging world I have found hope and inspiration in cooking.  I found a great blog which she did not intend to be a south beach blog, but it has turned into one, so almost every day she has a new recipe to try.  I have some great recipes and I am just trying to make it through these first couple of weeks, which I am only on day #4 and have become incredibly cranky missing my free will towards food.  For the first two weeks you are supposed to fast carbs and fruit.  The carbs were easier to get rid of than I thought, but cutting grapes for your children and having fresh watermelon at your pool party is a killer!  
We have made some really great dishes and I plan to share some with you.  The do not taste like a diet at all.  I discovered Coke Zero with a wedge of lime beats the craving for sweet drinks too.  

3 comments:

Carri said...

how funny, seb just started south beach today! it is a new foreign thing to us that i'm reading about. not sure how to swap out recipes (from the blog you recommended) with the recipes from the book. i love how the book gives a lot of guidance, that's what we need to start out with. maybe i can pick your brain about it! :)

annie's mom said...

I just can't do without those carbs...You're a better woman than I. I'll be praying for you!!
Miss you too,
Love,
Lisa

Cari said...

I loved being able to have the sugar free fudgesicles on the South Beach diet. I found that I could make it all day long and have that as my treat. To make it extra yummy I would dip it in a tablespoon of peanut butter. This diet really worked for me (although I need to do it again.) I loved how aware it made you of the foods that you should eat. Have fun! You can do it!