Tuesday, February 12, 2008

tagged...

I have been tagged my super cool friend, Erica. The idea is to list 5 material wishes and five non-material wishes. I have been thinking about this all weekend and it was harder than I thought, so here is the best I can do.

#1 a new bigger house - Although, this rental has been an absolute God-send, I cannot wait to have my own home to paint, plant in the yard and not share my bedroom with my home office.

#2 new car - our lovable, trusty Xterra is 7 years old this week and although it has been so good to us, it is time to find a replacement (holding on to see where/if I will be teaching next fall before we committ to another car paymnet)

#3 Ben's new career - I hope when Ben finishes school next spring we can stay in the Austin area, I have become so attached to our church, friends and the way of life here.

#4 - new wardrobe - I need some new stylish clothes and shoes!

#5 - I wish we had more family here. I am so blessed to have a cousin in the area, but I would love to have more family too, especially grandparents!

Non-Material Wishes -
#1 that all of my loved ones will have a personal relationship with Christ - to really know Him

#2 that I can get the discipline thing right with my kids - that I can raise them in truth and in love

#3 that I can be a shining light of the Lord in all I do

#4 more boldness to tell others about Christ

#5 want to adopt children internationally and/or do international missions work

So, I tag all of my Blogging friends who have not already been challenged by Erica. Have fun, I cannot wait to see what you wish for!

1 comment:

Aimee J said...

i will praying for you guys to get all these wonderful things. i can see why this was such a difficult challenge, but i am up for it. it will be interesting to see what i come up with.