Thursday, January 31, 2008

a month of revolutions

A month down of revloutions and lots of successes...

#1 we almost stayed completly on budget - with 2 children sick for the past 2 weeks+, some extra expenses went to meds and dr. appts, but we were just barely over our budget and kept up with our cash system

#2 - I lost 8 lbs.+ this month by giving up soft drinks and sweet tea and being more mindful about what I eat.

#3 - I have continued with the gym for the whole month, although it has been hard since the girls have been sick and I have not been able to take them, but I have gone at least twice a week and sometimes three times every week this month. I purchased a size 6 jean (Banana Republic) over the weekend and wore them to school today!!

#4 I have read Matthew, Mark and Luke twice this month and memorized 3 new scriptures. As part of my Bible classes, I am reading the new testament and reading three new books - New Testament Survey (tough read), Communicating for Change, and Living Your Strengths (love this book), it is all about discovering your strengths and then how to put them to use. My strengths are Achiever, Belief, Communicator, Developer and Empathy.

It is only the first month and we have already seem some great changes, I cannot wait to see what else 2008 has in store for us!!

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

Awesome news! I'm proud of you on every count!