Sunday, January 27, 2008

Love accepts many imperfections


Ben and I attended the Growing Marriage Conference yesterday at our church with Dr. Gary Chapman, the author of The Five Love Languages. I think Ben and I have a great marriage, and it was so nice to have that confirmed, but there are always areas in which to grow. The topics included Communication 101, Understanding and Expressing Love, Initiating Positive Change, Making Sex a Mutual Joy and How to Share the Things that Bug You. We discovered when it comes to communication, Ben is the Dead Sea and I am a Babbling Brook. I am sure there are no arguments from any of our readers:) We knew our love languages already - Ben is personal touch and I am a mixture of acts of service and words of affirmation (but quality time a close 3rd). We had such a great time and we are already taking several ideas from the conference and putting them into place. It was a great time for us, I highly recommend reading the Love Languages book if you have not done so and attend a marriage conference even if you think you have a great marriage. Check out The Five Love Languages of Children or Now You are Speaking My Language.

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

I so wanted Bryan and me to go to this!! Sad day!