Friday, May 24, 2013

new creation

On Wednesday night, while the girls were reading their Bibles, LE asked if she could be baptized.  I called Ben in to be a part of the conversation and we asked the girls if they understood what it meant to be baptized.  Both girls had a pretty solid understanding of why we get baptized, but told us they had never asked Jesus to come into their hearts.  Daddy got to help lead LE in the sinners prayer and Boo felt confident in doing it herself (she is my prayer warrior, she reminds me of my Aunt Thelma when she prays, i.e very lengthy, wordy prayers).  We told the girls they could be baptized at the grandparents' church b/c it is their favorite church to attend.  It was a very special moment that I'm glad Daddy and I got to be a part of.

1 comment:

Mrs. Jenk said...

Excited for you and your girls!