Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's 2012

We don't make a deal out of Valentine's Day.  We don't do gifts for each other or the kids.  I try to make a special dinner to commemorate, but other than that, I am not a fan of the hoopla.  I ended up teaching 4 classes  yesterday and had to do grocery shopping a day early, so Ben made me the best dinner; garlic lemon grilled shrimp, roasted/smashed new potatoes and steamed artichoke hearts.  I told him to pick anything off of my dessert pinterest board and he picked the one dessert that required a spring form pan, which I do not have.  I made chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake bars instead.  Afterwards we watched UP, put the kids to bed and then we enjoyed our new splurge, Hulu Plus.  I think I am in trouble.  It is all of this season's shows.  I discovered Once Upon A Time last night.  It is a little hokie, but it was something Ben and I could watch together.  I gave up Biggest Loser this season for The Voice and Smash, but now I may try to catch up after the kids go to bed.
On a side note, I gave up 6 classes starting next week.  I have been teaching 12 classes a week since January.  I signed up to teach 4 new zumbatomic classes before I found out I was pregnant, so they were dropped.  I also dropped my 2 aqua classes at the Y.  I was teaching aqua 6 times a week and I was beginning to look like a wrinkled prune, kidding.  Something had to give before my body did, and the Y is farther from the house so it was an obvious choice.
Happy Day after Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.