Saturday, February 04, 2012

baby news

Yes, we were totally surprised by baby #4.  Almost immediately after Read was born, I was having feelings that he needed a sibling close to his age and things just did not seem complete.  I love seeing the bond the girls have and it made me a little sad he wasn't going to have that relationship with his siblings.  I tried putting those feelings out of my head b/c if you have ever spent 5 minutes around me when I am pregnant, you know I don't do pregnancy well.  A few months back,  I told Ben I didn't think our family was complete, but seriously I was thinking adoption.
Then, on our anniversary I realized something was different and the next morning we got a positive pregnancy test.  I decided to not go to the doctor right away b/c I would have to find a new doctor since my doctor with the other kids had moved to Seattle.
I finally went in Friday, and saw the doctor who actually delivered LE and R2 b/c she was the on-call doctor (she was Dr. Barbour's partner).  I fell in love with her (not her office staff yet).  She took 10 pics of baby, and was so giddy with me when Baby 4 posed so well for us, not once but three times.  Of course, she said at my next sonogram, we will be able to get a better confirmation, so there is room for error that He may be a She.  It is so different having a female doctor vs. having a male doctor and you have to understand I love Dr. Barbour.  He is a believer and that gave me great peace knowing he was praying and believing with me through my pregnancies.  I had total confirmation that we made the right decision in choosing her within minutes of being with her.
From the sonograms, she is saying August 7th due date and I am 13 weeks and 4 days.  When she turned the screen around for me to see, his hand was fully extended as if he was waving at me.  We could easily see all 5 fingers and his little toes.  His foot measured 1.3 cm and he was 7.7 cm long.  Yes, it is crazy that we were able to see the sex so early, but she said it was b/c he was posed for it (multiple times).  He had the hiccups and kept jumping, it was the most surreal moment.  I walked into the doctor office wondering if we would hear a heart beat, needing confirmation I was pregnant so I could share my news and I walked out seeing a baby in full view.
And for those wondering, yes, I was taken back when we found out we were having Read, but we are at total peace with this baby. God knew what He was doing by bringing Read into our lives and we know this baby is going to have his or even her role in our lives and our family would not be complete without him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and the kiddos from the "real" Ben Richards and family!

Tamara said...

Congratulations! I understand what you mean. I'm miserable when I'm pregnant (except when doing your aqua classes!) but I don't know if we're done having children yet, as we're leaving that up to God. I don't feel like we're done, for what it's worth though, and that both excites me and scares me!
I hope this pregnancy is easy on you. How exciting to have another little one on the way!
PS
I'll bring Miss Scarlett to class sometime and say hi to everyone!

Lindsay said...

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM!

Mrs. Luttrell said...

We are so happy for you guys! how cool too that God provided a brother for Read...Love it!

Christan said...

Love you!!!!! You always said if you have a 3rd, you'll have a 4th soon after! I knew it was coming but wasn't expecting it so soon! I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet the 2 new additions one day! Love you and hugs to you all!!! MUAH!