Monday, November 28, 2011

travel days

The girls did awesome on the drive to and from Disneyworld.  I did a lot of prep work to keep our sanity.  It paid off greatly.  I packed snacks for all of us and had them tucked into the pockets of the car doors.  The girls did not get drinks and we only had to make one potty stop that was not a lunch or gas stop.  Our first stop was outside Houston for lunch and then onto Louisiana where we stayed with my Uncle Chuck and Aunt Martha (arrived at 4:30).  I surprised Ben and made arrangements for us to eat at Ben's favorite seafood restaurant Middendorf''s, which kicked off our 2 weeks of gluttony behavior. 
The next morning we were on the road at 7:30 and stopped near the Louisiana border for breakfast.  We drove all day and arrived around 8:00 and decided to go ahead and hit Disney Downtown.  We had dinner at the Earl of Sandwich (best quick service meal we had- awesome hot sandwiches).  We decided to arrive the night before and stay at a non-Disney World  hotel.  I found an app called hotel tonight  (last minute hotel deals) and with my initial registration I received a $25 credit.  Our hotel bill was $20.  We had breakfast at IHOP and checked into our resort and spend the day at Hollywood Studios for our first adventure.

No comments: