Saturday, November 05, 2011

SuRpRisE!

 I called Granny last Thursday just to chat and she told me the family was taking her out for her birthday that night.  I was kind of surprised mom hadn't told me, but figured she had forgotten.  I got home and was very upset to miss.  Even my Bryan and Susan were going to be there.  I called Ben downstairs and tried to hold back the tears.  I knew money was tight, but I really wanted to be there.  I called Ryan and he filled me in on the details, even with mom at the table.  I told him to keep it a secret.  Called Ben's parents to make sure the kids and I could stay the night, packed the car and headed  back home.  When we left it was 71 degrees, when we arrived it was 51.  I had to pull over and change the kid's clothes.  When we walked in my mom's brother said, "there's Kristi".  The look on my mom and Gran's faces was priceless.  Mom told me she didn't tell me b/c she didn't want me to be bummed about missing.  I am so thankful Ben made it possible for me to go and so thankful we got to be there for the night.  I even got to watch the world series with my brothers, Gran and Dad, nothing like watching tv with fans.

No comments: