Wednesday, October 12, 2011

my perspective

I hear on a pretty regular basis that people do not know how I do what I do.  I guess I don't know how to not do what I do. 
I in sense get paid for my workout and I get to change people's lives while I do it.  My kids get to go with me for free 7x a week and they finally LOVE it again. 
I go grocery shopping every Wednesday, and God bless HEB for rotisserie chickens b/c grocery shopping day = rotisserie chicken day.
Wash day is once a week, Fold day is some other day in the week.  Bathrooms get cleaned once a week by 2 bathroom fairies (toilets & tubs are done by the queen fairy. And they have their calendars marked b/c it is their favorite chore to do, who knew a spray bottle could be so fun?!).
I love to cook, but hate to clean up afterwards. So, the dishwasher is unloaded when school work  is complete. It's re-loaded as I dirty up the kitchen while Word Girl and Kratz Brother's entertains and teaches 2 blondies and another dreams of puffs and dogs (his new fave word).
I homeschool 4 days a week from 1-4 p.m.  I get the joy of seeing my first grader learn to tell time, write her name in cursive and tie her shoes. I heard my 4 year old read her very first book and then heard her run up the stairs to read to her Daddy, who also gets to work from home.   I got to see my baby sit up, roll over, crawl, pull himself up and say dog the first time. 
So, I guess I was a tad offended by that remark as I sat on the stairs and cried to my husband today at the thought of me not being here to live this most blessed life that I get to live. 
I would not have my life any other way.

3 comments:

mary.mimi said...

as your side bars says.. If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart... Well that sums it up. Those that critise your choice, should be ashamed... There is no greater calling than being a MOM and to stay home and bless that calling and recognise that calling is far superior to working in the WORLD... no one will love you are appreciate you like your family... there I said it and I WILL NOT TAKE IT BACK..
STAND for what you believe, or fall for anything...

mary.mimi said...

ok, so grammar and spelling were neither one checked.. :) and my hands and head were not in sync..SUE ME!!!

mary.mimi said...

and.... you are not the jackass whisperer, so quite trying to explain it to them :)