Friday, October 21, 2011

expect the unexpected

To say, I overbooked last weekend would be an understatement.  It drives Ben nuts when I try to do too many things in one day, mainly b/c things always come up unexpectedly that throws 3 blondies and a Mama out of sync.
I met Mom and Ben's Mom on Friday in Marble Falls, so the kids could spend the weekend away while we were traveling out of town for a training.  R2 was fed and ready for a nap and I had it timed perfectly to arrive and feed him.  Unexpected incident #1 - major wreck on the way which left us sitting on the highway for 45 minutes next to an idling semi-truck.  R2 does not like to be in his car seat; he does not like to be anywhere that has him immobile.   Needless to say there were a few too many tears on that car ride.  We decided to do the pumpkin patch to break up the car rides and burn some energy (pics to come later.)
After my incredibly long afternoon drive, I had to pack up and travel to Houston for an early morning Zumba training.  We spent the night with my aunt in Katy and Saturday morning we headed into Houston for my class.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then Unexpected Event #2 occurred.  TomTom did not have the correct address for the location, it was Lane not Boulevard.  I arrived 30 minutes late b/c we could not figure out the area (one way streets). 
After class, we drove back home and decided to go out for a late date.  We had an appetizer at Pappadeaux's and then headed over to Cheesecake Factory to split dessert.  Five hours of zumba, I may have broken even on calories.
On Sunday morning, we decided to burn off the remaining calories mountain biking walnut creek, but only after sleeping in.  Unexpected event #3, Marissa my SIL was in labor and a certain PawPaw wanted to share the news at 8 a.m.  We went ahead and rode b/c the little Miss was not supposed to make her entrance until late afternoon.  Unexpected event #4 - she came before noon.  We had a quick bite and drove to Fredericksburg to meet my new niece, Avery Grace and grab our bundles of joy.  Great weekend, and after 13 years of marriage I am trying to learn to listen to my husband.

No comments: