Thursday, October 21, 2010

senior moment

I have come to the conclusion that working with seniors can be more entertaining than working with preschoolers.  I have a new client at the gym male, 72 years old, widower, retired Army, green Beret, paratrooper, broken nearly every bone in his body and recovering from a major heart attack.  I learned all of this within the first 6 minutes of meeting him.  He was so awesome to work with and so fun to listen to his stories.  However, my favorite part was when we were walking to get on the treadmills.  Super model in her tiny shorts and sports bra was running on the treadmill, he says, "Holy Cow, God bless, can we work on that one?"  My response - "um, no, we will be working over here" on the last treadmill in the row, thank you very much.

5 comments:

Paper Potter said...

Hmmmmm, need a dress code where you work, perhaps?

mary.mimi said...

:) No mincing of words here..
Did you ask him how he really felt? :)

Erica Wagner said...

Haha! That's hilarious! I wish I would have been there to see that!

I bet your turned beet red!

Jane said...

Sorry to distract your client Kristi. I thought I was covered up better, I mean I wore my sports bra instead of my bikini top. I will try not to do it again. (I wish I could claim this)

annie's mom said...

hey I thought of you as I was working on the elyptical machine Saturday...this older gentleman (using the term loosely) stopped by this cute blondie in running shorts and said hello. He then turned around and went back and gave her a piece of candy...I was crackin up!