Sunday, January 17, 2010

Watoto Children's Choir visits









Our family was so honored by the opportunity to host two children, Josephine and Ronus, and their chaperon Auntie Gladys from the Watoto Children's Choir earlier this month.
The children are orphans of AIDS and war in Uganda.
I wish I could put into words the emotions we felt sitting each meal listening to their stories and the adversity these two young girls overcame. The more impressive and important part of their story is the hope they now have b/c they found Jesus through an organization that has changed their stories. I was with them for just minutes, and I was already in love. Joshephine sang a solo at each performance (the girls and I traveled to another Church to see them perform on Wednesday night). The words were "Who will sing my lullaby? Who will hold me when I cry?" Each time she sang it I cried, I just cannot imagine. I have a new button to the left of my page, please take a look - you can also help them to receive a $15,000 grant by voting on a link on their website.

3 comments:

Cari said...

Wow. How amazing. What an honor!

Erica Wagner said...

K, I had no idea you were hosting these girls and their Aunty. That's so wonderful!

We enjoyed their performance immensely. I think I cried throughout the entire program.

annie's mom said...

Lordy Mercy now you got me crying...and at work for goodness sakes...