Sunday, August 09, 2009

oh, the food






Let me start this post by saying:
1. Ben and I shared most meals
2. This is the reason I did not take Lisa up on her fitness challenge this week
3. I have started the South Beach fast again today (Saturday).

Oh my goodness, the food in the Big Easy is not so easy on the body! I have never had such good food on a vacation. My cousin helped us start the week off with a raspberry salad and pesto pasta, then onto Lucas Films Party - greens, pulled pork, roast beef, coleslaw and bread pudding and pecan pie ala mode. Wednesday - turkey panini for lunch, beignets from CafeduMonde, then Mulate's - the original cajun restaurant for jambalaya and seafood. Thursday - we had roast beef po'boys on the recommendation of Lisa and Guy from Food Network. My cousin Pat, took us to this dive called Parasols (white building) for the most amazing sandwiches ever. We also had muffalatas from Frank's. said to be the original restaurant to create the sandwiches. That night, we met my aunt and uncle at Mittendorf's for seafood. Oh, I am getting hungry now just thinking about it all.

3 comments:

annie's mom said...

once again....you are KILLIN' ME!!!

I think I gained 3 lbs. just licking the computer screen...oops, did I say that out loud?

L.

MikeandCharlsie said...

YUM! Wow sounds like a lot of good eating. Thats my fav. thing to do when we travel...EAT! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Anonymous said...

1. U R EVIL!!!
2. U R EVIL!!!
3. Did I mention you are evil!?!
But the music is good...AND the coffee was awesome...just finished a frappe with leftovers..