Tuesday, March 31, 2009

seasons

In the past few weeks, my prayers have been very focused and I have cried out to God desperately for clear, real direction.  I had been approached about some ventures, but I knew for my family's sake I would have to give up something up in order to take anything else on.  Thankfully God has shown very obviously what direction I needed to take.
Pastor Mel, the missions pastor asked me if I would take on some roles for global missions at our church.  I was so excited, but not sure that was the direction God wanted me to take; was it God leading me that way or was it just a hole that needed to be filled.  So, I prayed all night long if this is what God wanted me to do, something had to give.  The next morning one of my sweet friends said she wanted to take on more responsibility with curriculum and she was going to start helping with the Nursery curriculum at the church.  OK, clear answer God, thank you for answered prayers.  
I began researching the countries our missions teams will be working in this year, and got even more excited.  Missions is all about ministering to children.  This week my role has grown even bigger.  I have been working on project all week, globally and locally.  Researching Nicaragua, Peru and Africa, I have created info pamphlets on the locations, 10 page packets on the countries, applications, started planning an informational meeting, written media requests, you name it and I have probably done it.  I am really excited;  just knowing that I am touching the world.  Now, I am praying for guidance on what trips I want to take and wisdom on how to fund them. 
This is only one of the many seasons that has changed this week alone in our household, I want to share everything with you, really soon.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Does your church's global mission thing help children in the united states? Because in your bogs you just mention countries like Africa?

~kristi said...

I am responsible for global missions at this point, our church does lots of things locally, see servolution. I will be assisting in the local area, but my main responsibility is global, this week anyways:)