Tuesday, March 03, 2009

grocery tip #1

The biggest tip I can offer on saving at the grocery store is to plan ahead.  I only go to the store on the 1st and the 15th.  I have done this for over 5 years now and it has saved us so much money on our grocery bill.  Think of all of the WOW items that clerk offers you and how many times you have said yes.  And how many things you have purchased just b/c it was on sale and not on your list.  So, tip #1 is to plan to shop only twice a month.  
One thing you have to remember is your fresh items like produce.  So, the 1st week we have salads and fresh fruit and week 2 we have frozen veggies.  
It is almost impossible to go the whole 2 weeks w/out needing something, so I always send Ben for that extra gallon of milk or item that was out of stock.  He is very good about going in and grabbing that one item and getting out as fast as he can.

Next week- planning a menu

1 comment:

SAHM Coach said...

Groceries are my thing.

I have a monthly menu, shopping list, and coupon binder.